Friday 5 September 2014

Meter Replacement

After reading that a batch of JLD-404 meters were reported to have incorrect internal resistors, I contacted ECPC about a replacement.  They promptly sent a new meter which I promptly installed. 

Unfortunately, I am having the exact same issue with the meter reading low on Amps.  In the programming set points, I enter APuH = 150 amps (which is the value when reading 75mV across my 200Amp-100mV shunt).  
 
Here is a picture showing that the meter is reading 1.7 amps while the Fluke is reading 2.2 amps (conversion = 1.1 mV times 2 = 2.2 amps) 
 
 
 
I have to enter APuH = 185 amps to get readings which correspond to my Fluke multimeter and to my battery charger meter.  Here the meters are in sync at 2 amps.
 


I have carefully:
1. Checked the wiring installation.
2. Validated the programming entries
3. Measured the mV with my Fluke multimeter directly across the shunt terminals and also using the same wires as the meter
4. Confirmed that there is no current flowing on the meter positive or common wires connected to the shunt
 
From a practical standpoint, the fudge factor is adjusting for the error, but I would like to solve this mystery. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your feedback and share your thoughts and experiences, but please be factual and keep the tone friendly. Personal attacks and political references will be deleted.